Homeopathy for Horses
Homeopathy is a natural health modality that has been popular for humans since the 1800’s. In fact, it is an integral part of many health care systems around the world including India and many parts of Europe. In this blog, I am going to share with you the benefits of using homeopathy for horses. Lets take a look at why they are safe and effective options to include in your horses natural health program.
What is homeopathy?
Homeopathic remedies are substances that are made from plants, animals, and minerals that have been diluted to the point where there are no active molecules left in the solution. Consequently, their actions on horses very different from that of medications or even nutritional supplements and herbs. Instead of altering, changing or influencing your horse’s molecules and chemical pathways, homeopathy sends information to the cells through vibration.
How does homeopathy work
Every organism, plant and chemical on earth has an energy and frequency associated with it and frequency carries information. Thus, serial dilutions of these substances can communicate with your horse’s cells and tissues through vibration. The frequency of each remedy carries specific instructions to the body based on the essence or unique properties of the diluted substance. This is how homeopathy is able to stimulate a very specific biochemical or immune response.
Using homeopathy for horses
Vibrational or energetic medicine is one of the best ways to help your horses because horses operate at a higher frequency. This is because they have large energy fields which they use to naturally communicate with their herd – both horses and humans – to send and receive information. This innate characteristic defines their state-of-being. And it is also what makes them extremely responsive to homeopathy. Homeopathic remedies work with the horse’s natural chemistry instead of forcing an unnatural biochemical change like medications do.
Why should you use homeopathy for your horses?
Here are just a few of the many benefits of using homeopathy for your horses:
1.Safe to use on all horses including:
- Pregnant mares
- Lactating mares
- Horse’s taking medication
2. No harmful side effects. Homeopathy doesn’t induce a chemical response and they don’t interact with chemicals of any kind, including medications, de-wormers, or vaccinations.
3. Fast-acting first-aid relief. The right remedy can typically work within minutes. They can be very convenient when your horse is experiencing acute discomfort.
4. No animal testing. Homeopathic remedies are only tested on healthy humans to determine their range of action.
5. Environmentally friendly. Manufacturing does not require expendable energy or natural resources. Their consumption does not pollute the water supply, oceans, or dump sites.
How to select homeopathic remedies for horses
Homeopathic remedies are specifically chosen for a particular horse health condition based on the signs and symptoms they are exhibiting. For example:
Here are some common homeopathic remedies and their indicated symptoms for horses:
- Arnica Montana: Bruising, swelling, and inflammation.
- Rhus Toxidendron: Sprained or strained ligaments and tendons as well as a sore lower back.
- Nux-vomica: Gas and bloating caused by inappropriate feeds, over-eating, and liver toxicity.
What form do homeopathic remedies come in?
Homeopathic remedies can be administered in both pellet and liquid form for horses. If you are choosing single homeopathic remedies, they are often found in pellet form, whereas homeopathic combination remedies are often found in liquid.
Where can you find homeopathic remedies for horses?
- Single remedies can be found at the health food store.
- Combination liquid remedies for horses are available at Riva’s Remedies
How do you administer homeopathic remedies for horses?
All homeopathic remedies should be administered without food. This is so that they absorb into the mucus membranes without being contaminated by other substances.
- Pellets can be put directly into the inside of their mouth or you can also dissolve them in a syringe in warm water. They must be shaken vigorously.
- Riva’s Remedies liquid combinations can be sprayed into their mouth as a soft, gentle spray.
In summary, there are many benefits to using homeopathy for horses and it that can be easily incorporated into your natural horse health care approach. Homeopathic medicine is a vast and fascinating topic that can provide your horses with a natural, safe and effective option when they need it.
Interested in learning more?
My online course, Healing Horses Their Way, teaches horse owners how to use choose homeopathic remedies and select the appropriate dosages and potencies to help horses and so much more. Get on the wait list here…
I am an animal lover, health consultant, scientist and educator. I am passionate about delivering safe and effective health care to all animals but horses and dogs have a special place in my heart. I believe that through education and awareness of natural animal health we can drastically improve their quality of life and longevity. I invite you to join me on my quest to make the world a better place for all of them.
Wonderful clear article on homeopathy with horses. Motivated to learn more from you-:)
Diane and Lirica
I am loving learning about homeopathy in this course. It definitely works wonders, my mare is proof of that! She had 3 torn suspensory ligaments and is back being ridden!
Sandra and Edie
Thanks for sharing Sandra. What remedies did you use?
Very good blog Elisha….easy to understand and concise. I’ve used homeopathy extensively on horses for the past 25 years I can attest to the many benefits and especially ease of use of the liquid formulas from Rivas Remedies.
Love it Karen! They are a great addition to the tack box!
Thanks Elisha! I am just loving this course and am so happy to be learning all this. I use what I’ve learned in not just my horses, but my other livestock and pets too. I will be stocking up on some basic homeopathic remedies now. Very excited to see the results, as this area is somewhat new to me.